Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Make It Monday #5: Distressing Edges

Well this is something I have never done...distressing edges.  I see this technique used quite often, but was never really sure it was my style.  So, I decided to make a masculine card and thought it would be fitting.  I need a card for my FIL's birthday.  I wasn't sure how the Pinefeather paper and Simply Chartruese ink would look together, but I think it turned out ok!

I'm a little unsure how much distressing to do...

I distressed every edge with the exception of the card base itself (Rustic White). 
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Renee said...

I think this turned out wonderful...
love the colors...
and think it's a great masculine card!

Elizabeth S. said...

I love how this turned out! Great job.

Susan said...

Ooh! I love the distressing with the twine!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your color choice - it popped out of the gallery at me - great card!

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Amy and I really love the colors!!! Perfect use of twine between the sentiment and the leaves!!! LOVE IT GIRLY GIRL or should I say Surfer Girl!!!